In this post, we are going to study GATE full form and complete details about GATE like admission college, eligibility, exam pattern, core subject, GATE exam benefits, career after completed GATE, requirement marks for passing the GATE exam, and more information regarding GATE. Let’s start.
The GATE full form is Graduate Aptitude Test for Engineering. it is the entrance exam for doing a master of engineering and master of technology in IITs and IISC.
Related full form:
Eligibility for GATE exam:
- A graduate must be completed by Science and Technology.
- Specific branches are eligible for GATE, branches like Bachelor of Engineering (B.E), Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech), B. Arch, B pharm, MSC, and MC.
- BSc students cannot give the GATE exam. BSc student wants to give the GATE exam, students have to pass the MSC then he/she can apply for the GATE exam.
- BSc students also cannot give the GATE exam. if the BC student wanted to give the GATE exam for that the BC student has to complete or pass the MC then he/ she can apply for the GATE exam.
- There is no upper age limit for the candidates for the Exam.
- Final year students of B.E, B.Tech, B. Arch, and B. Pharm can apply for the GATE exam.
- Final year students of MSC and MC can also apply for the GATE exam.
Exam mode of GATE exam:
The GATE exam conducted on online, this type of exam mode is called Computer Based Online Test.
Exam Pattern of GATE exam:
- The total number of questions in the GATE exam is 65 questions.
- In 65 question, the 30 questions is one marks based and 35 questions are two marks based.
- Question types are objective and numeric type.
- Negative marks in 30 questions based on one mark, which is 1/3 marks on every wrong answer detected.
- Negative marks in 35 questions based on two marks, that are 2/3 marks detect on every wrong answer.
- No negative marks in numeric type.
- The total marks are 100.
- The time duration of the GATE exam is 3 hours.
- There is a total of 25 branches. Students can take core subjects in the exam and also interest subjects.
GATE Exam Benefits:
- Public Service Centre (PSC): candidates who wanted to join in PSC, can go through the GATE exam to join e.g BARC, BHEL, HPCL, NTPC, etc. This is the first benefit of the GATE exam.
- Research Institute hiring through GATE exam for Junior Research Fellowship(JRF) and Senior Research Fellowship(SRF). This is the second benefit of the GATE exam.
- The student who wanted to join the bachelor of engineering and bachelor of Technology in IITs but not join due to some reasons that students can join IIT bypassing with good marks or rank in the GATE exam and directly can get admission in IITs and IISC institute.
- A candidate who wants to join in top MNCs in the future can go through the GATE exam. After completing the 3-year course of master of technology and master of engineering. The candidate after completing the course easily gets a job in MNCs like Google, Tata, TCS, Samsung, etc.
- Study visa through the GATE exam. For students who want to study in other countries like America, Australia, Canada, Germany, France, etc this exam will be a benefit to them.
The subject pattern of the GATE exam:
- There is a total of 4 subjects to study for the student. Those subjects are given below.
- Core subject
- Engineering Mathematics
- General Aptitude
- General English
2. From the core subject and engineering subject total of 55 questions will be present and the core subject can be selected from the 25 subjects.
3. From the general aptitude and general English total questions are 10.